The MYX Mark is a benchmark number that represents your cardiovascular fitness, and is a scientifically backed way to measure your progress over time. It also gives you your customized Heart Rate Zones so you can train efficiently with MYX.
- You get your MYX Mark by taking the Assessment workout with your heart rate monitor on.
- We gather resting heart rate, max heart rate, and heart rate recovery data from the workout.
- Heart Rate recovery (how fast your heart rate comes down after a strenuous workout) has always been used as a measure of cardiac health by professionals.
- The faster the rate of recovery, the more fit you are.
- We combine HR data with your age from your profile
- We compare it to a database of over 20,000 users in YOUR age bracket who participated in a proven heart-specific study at the Mayo Clinic.
What is the number?
- The MYX Mark is a number from 1 to 100 that represents your current cardiac fitness level
- It is an approximate percentile for where you are and how much progress towards total cardiovascular health you can still make.
- Example: A mark of 10 shows opportunity for improvement. A 60 shows above average fitness level with some opportunity for improvement.
- It is rare to score above 75, but it is possible.
- Any number over 100 is considered an invalid score. Here are some reasons that might occur:
- Loss of heart rate data or connectivity
- Not enough difference between MAX heart rate and heart rate recovery in the assessment workout
- What to do if this happens:
- Re-assess at your convenience, making sure your heart rate monitor stays connected to the app, has a strong wifi connection, and be sure to follow the coach instructions.
We look forward to watching your MYX Mark rise as you grow stronger and healthier with MYXfitness.