Your heart rate is the best indicator of how strong and healthy your heart is, and your customized heart rate zones are the most important metric to use when you work out with your MYX. Your zones are customized for you the first time you complete your MYX Zone Calibration Ride on the touchscreen app. When you use your zones to guide your workouts, you know that you are working out as safely and efficiently as possible for your body.
Here is everything you need to know about taking your MYX Zone Calibration Ride for the first time.
- You should take your ride first thing in the morning, when your body is well-rested and before you have had any caffeine. Always test under these conditions for the best results.
- The ride will not start until you have powered on your heart rate monitor, put it on, and paired it with the MYX app.
- Your Zones are customized based on data collected in this ride, so it's important to follow the coach’s instructions closely.
- Once you complete the MYX Zone Calibration Ride, you will receive your customized heart rate zones.
Here’s how it works:
- During the course of the workout, we gather your resting heart rate, max heart rate, and heart rate recovery data, and combine it with the age entered in your profile to calculate your custom zones.
- Not familiar with Heart Rate recovery? This is a cool metric that measures how fast your heart rate comes down after a strenuous workout. The faster the rate of recovery, the healthier your heart. Medical professionals often rely on heart rate recovery to gauge cardiovascular health.
- Once we have your data, we cross reference it with a database of over 20,000 users in YOUR age bracket who participated in a proven heart-specific study at the Mayo Clinic to determine your customized zones.
Once you complete your ride, you’ll have customized Heart Rate Zones that you can rely on to help you work out smarter, not harder, throughout all of your MYX workouts.